You’re bound to collect a few newspaper stories, some mementos, and other oddities along the way when you’ve been a revered Long Beach institution for more than 80 years. Joe Jost’s is the oldest bar in Long Beach and has been the talk of the town since the end of the old Prohibition days.
Who Is Joe Jost?
People often ask if there was a real Joe Jost that founded our celebrated tavern.
Yes, Joe was a real man who remains a part of the folklore of Long Beach. Meanwhile, Joe Jost’s remains a family business, with his grandson Ken now running the show.
Joe Jost’s Claim to Fame
This Long Beach staple has made its appearance in a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and commercials:
- License To Wed w/ Robin Williams, Mandy Moore – 2007
- Win A Date With Tad Hamilton w/ Josh Duhamel, Kate Bosworth – 2004
- Madison w/ Jim Caviezel, Mary McCormack – 2001
- Gone in 60 Seconds w/ Nicolas Cage, Angelina Jolie – 2000
- The Vanishing w/ Jeff Bridges, Kiefer Sutherland – 1993
- The Bodyguard w/ Whitney Houston, Kevin Costner – 1992
- True Confessions w/ Rober Duval, Rober DeNiro – 1981
- Black Hooker/Street Sisters – 1974
- Clubhouse – 2004
- Classmates – 2003
- Boomtown – 2002
- Roswell – 2000
- The 60’s w/ Josh Hamilton, Julia Stiles – 1999
- Chance of a Lifetime w/ Katey Sagal, John Ritter – 1998
Contact Joe Jost’s
Contact Joe Jost’s at:
- +1 562-439-5446
- Send a message online
Or, stop by and visit Joe Jost’s today at:
- 2803 East Anaheim Street
- Long Beach, California 90804
- Everyday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Check Out Long Beach Stuff Today!
Looking for more fun things to check out in Long Beach? Take a look at more information about the Pirate Invasion of Long Beach or the Love Long Beach Festival. You can also download the NEW Long Beach Local App to stay updated on the latest and greatest happenings in this beautiful city.